We're Partnering with High School Teachers in Philadelphia for Climate Literacy
April 5, 2022
Through April 15, 2022, the Penn Program in Environmental Humanities is recruiting high school teachers across disciplines to become funded “Climate Champions” as part of our My Climate Story climate literacy project!
On Monday, April 4 we held a 30-minute webinar with the project's lead, PPEH's Dr. Bethany Wiggin. If you weren't able to join us, you can watch the session here and find links to all of the project resources that we mention, below:
Please note: Subtitles have not yet been edited on this video
- Are a high school teacher working in a Philadelphia classroom
- Have an interest in bringing themes of climate education and justice to your students
- Would like a stipend and material support for bringing an exciting new curriculum to your classroom in partnership with the University of Pennsylvania
- Can commit to a 12-month project requiring approximately six hours per month in the academic year
We would love to hear from you!
To apply, please reply to email@example.com with:
- a short personal statement about why you would like to be involved (200 words or less);
- a lesson plan you currently use that relates to climate, storytelling, environmental education, or other related area;
- a teaching philosophy (100 words);
- any questions you may have.
For a full description of My Philadelphia Climate Story, please read on and visit my-climate-story-org.
We hope you'll apply and/or share this paid opportunity with your networks!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project resource links
The My Climate Story storybank site: https://my-climate-story.org/
My Climate Story project page: https://ppeh.sas.upenn.edu/experiments/my-climate-story
Shared folder with a comprehensive project overview: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LZBX0S-w44dDxlEVGZV-IABu0fXN3ypy?usp=sharing
And the slideshow you see in the webinar: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/14_mnFu-iSd4NeaqMOBAgWHFgrFBB0yQlfkNpbZ1rbtc/edit#slide=id.g12322668db2_4_47
Climate storytelling workshop resources: https://my-climate-story.org/resources/workshop-resources/
Climate storytelling workbook PDF: https://my-climate-story.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/PPEH-My-Climate-Story-Cookbook-digital.pdf